Beginning the CAP program at a young age, especially in cases where young athletes are spending more time away from the playground, helps develop basic athletic skills as well as preventing concussions. It is also the perfect age to begin training to optimize posture and foundation neck strength to protect athletes as they get older and are exposed to all types of activities, not just sports, that pose a risk for concussions.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits for starting CAP at a young age
- Describe how concussions and spinal injuries occur and can be mitigated
- Identify other risk factors that play a role in brain health
- Describe the equipment and CAP exercises for tykes
- Explain how the CAP exercises are effective for concussion prevention, and
- Successfully implement the CAP exercises