The purpose of this course is to raise the awareness of committee members, employers, and supervisors about the role of health and safety committees. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the function of joint work site health and safety committees
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of committee members
- Describe how joint work site health and safety committees affect the quality of workplace safety
- List reasons why having a Health and Safety Committee is important
- Describe the legislation surrounding Health and Safety Committees
- Explain the responsibilities of a Joint Work Site Health and Safety Committee
- Explain how Committee members can influence their peers
- List and describe the employer responsibilities surrounding the Committee
- Explain the differences between informal and formal training
- List the responsibilities of the Chair and Secretary
- Describe how meeting minutes are to be recorded and circulated