Accidents and inefficient procedures can be very expensive and the health and safety program you develop can help you to reduce expenses by implementing safe practices in your workplace. In this course you will be presented with a description of the elements of a health and safety program and guidelines for implementing the elements of that program. This course was developed to aid employers, contractors, and workers meet the requirements of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulation and Code.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the place of a health and safety program within your operational risk management system
- List the benefits of an occupational health and safety program
- Describe the components of an occupational health and safety program
- List the guiding principles that an occupational health and safety program are built upon
- Describe the purpose of having written occupational health and safety rules in your policy
- List ways to effectively communicate your rules and policies
- Describe the purpose of occupational health and safety committees
- Describe when to perform a new worker orientation
- List the types of inspections
- Describe the importance of emergency response plans
- Describe the investigation procedures for incidents and accidents