This course provides learners with knowledge of the covert methods of communication used by less known gang members and inmates. The emphasis is on deciphering and code-cracking of real confiscated documents.
This course is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the covert methods of communication used by gang members and inmates in correctional facilities and in other situations where secret communication is used
- Analyze and practice code-cracking of confiscated documents
- Recognize patterns that help to decode documents and develop an appreciation for the ingenuity of criminals to hide their messages
- Identify symbols, colors, hand signs, and tattoos used by gangs & inmates
- Develop an awareness of the common methods used by gangs & inmates to communicate covertly and
- Identify real-life examples of deciphered gang documents, and
- Become familiar with codes that have a unique “twist” that makes them more difficult to decipher