Managers, supervisors, and workers all have responsibilities with respect to the selection and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Legislative requirements and standards provide the framework for the manufacturing and selection of PPE for different tasks and work environments. By following this regulatory framework you will put yourself, and others, in situations in which the equipment used provides the protection required for the job.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the major classes of PPE at the worksite and the main components of each
- Understand your responsibilities regarding the selection and use of PPE
- Identify and describe the most common PPE items that are required as part of a corporate health and safety program
- Describe the inspection, care, and maintenance requirements of the equipment
- Identify the importance of PPE
- Recall maintenance and implementation requirements
- Identify the importance of appropriate eye, ear, head, foot, and hand protection
- Define why appropriate PPE is imperative in a variety of situations
- Describe the specific uses of PPE
- Define responsibilities for the use of RPE