If you are working in the North American wilderness there is a possibility that you may encounter wild animals, reptiles, insects, and plants. This course will teach you what you need to know to stay safe.
This is a three hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify wild animal behaviours and characteristics
- Assess whether a wild animal is in the area or in your surrounding
- Understand the steps you should take if you encounter a wild animal
- Understand how to prevent a snake bite
- Identify common types of insects like mosquitoes, bees and wasps
- Identify common features of black widows, brown recluses, and hobo spiders
- Identify common features of deer mice and hantavirus
- Recognize tick related diseases such as Lyme disease & Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever
- Identify poisonous plants such as Poison ivy, Devil’s Club, Stinging Nettle and Western Water Hemlock