SWIFT Learning and Athabasca University (AU) have entered into an agreement to deliver SWIFT Learning’s industry-recognized, eLearning safety training. AU will offer SWIFT Learning’s WHMIS 2015 (GHS) safety training to their students and employees that can be accessed on any mobile device!
Students and employees can purchase the course here.
About Athabasca University
AU is one of the world’s foremost open, online universities, serving more than 40,000 students in every Canadian province and territory and 87 countries.
About WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
WHMIS has been updated to reflect elements of an United Nations initiative called the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). The updated WHMIS program aligns Canada’s hazard classification and communication requirements with those used in the United Nations and other major trading partners.
Legislation is currently in force, but there is a multi-year transition plan which sets varied deadlines for manufacturers and importers, distributors, and employers. Currently, suppliers may begin to use the new WHMIS 2015 requirements for labels and SDSs for hazardous products sold, distributed, or imported into Canada.
This is a two-hour online course.
- Determine your responsibilities and the responsibilities of your Employer and your Suppliers
- Protect yourself from Hazardous Materials by being able to identify and interpret Supplier Labels
- Distinguish between the need for and use of Supplier and Workplace Labels
- Describe the purpose of Safety Data Sheets and be able to use them accordingly, and
- Identify the appropriate PPE by reading a Label or SDS
For more information contact us!