CAP 4 Trainers was developed to educate trainers, coaches about the CAP RAM Program and how to train your athletes to prevent concussions and reduce the risk. This course, the foundation for all other CAP courses and certifications as it teaches the foundation neck strength exercises.
When your athletes have mastered this level of base strength we have developed advanced sport-specific courses so they can continually achieve higher levels of strength that is required to prevent concussions until they reach their CAP Safety Standard Goal.
We provide Level 1 and Level 2 CAP Trainer Certifications. These online certification programs provide trainers and coaches with the knowledge they need to implement the CAP foundation neck exercises described in this course right up to our highly advanced sport specific concussion prevention exercises provided in our sport specific courses.
This is a two-hour online course
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how the CAP RAM Program prevents and reduces the risk of sustaining a concussion
- Recognize who is at risk for concussions and why
- Explain how the CAP foundation exercises are designed to prevent concussions before they occur
- Explain how to access the CAP Reports, other courses, the training log and more
- Implement the CAP exercises
- Describe some of the common fallacies of current thinking for treating concussions, and
- Describe some of the baseline tests commonly used and their short comings