Asbestos is a fibrous material used in many industrial applications. Unfortunately, asbestos is also a dangerous substance that increases the risk of lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis. In this course, you will be presented with information on asbestos-related hazards, PPE requirements, air monitoring methods, and abatement methods for different risk levels. This course will help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, Section 1 and Code, Part 4.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the health risks associated with asbestos
- Describe some materials that contain asbestos
- Describe the required respiratory protection when dealing with asbestos
- Describe the protective clothing requirements for asbestos
- Describe abatement in relation to asbestos
- Identify procedures used in asbestos abatement work
- Describe air monitoring requirements for abatement work
- Describe the techniques used for air monitoring
- Describe how to respond to medical and fire emergencies
- Describe where to find more information on competency profiles for asbestos projects