In the Asbestos Awareness course, you will be presented with information on asbestos-related hazards, PPE requirements, air monitoring methods, and abatement methods for different risk levels. Asbestos is a fibrous material used in many industrial applications. Unfortunately, asbestos is also a dangerous substance that increases the risk of lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis. This course will help you meet regulatory and government requirements.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the health risks associated with asbestos
- Describe some materials that contain asbestos
- Describe the required respiratory protection when dealing with asbestos
- Describe the protective clothing requirements for asbestos
- Describe abatement in relation to asbestos
- Identify procedures used in asbestos abatement work
- Describe air monitoring requirements for abatement work
- Describe the techniques used for air monitoring
- Describe how to respond to medical and fire emergencies
- Describe where to find more information on competency profiles for asbestos projects