In this course Gary talks about providing his expertise for the New York City Police Department (NYPD) to decipher a 15 page encoded document that was confiscated by a correctional facility.
This course is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Examine the confiscated documents closely to find key words and become familiar with types of symbols or marks that can be a tool to decipher a coded message
- Recognize hidden clues to decoding confiscated documents
- Identify the Folk Nation, Black Gangster Disciple (BGD) and Crips gang symbols
- Examine a confiscated sample for gang identifiers and use close observation to determine how to decipher it
- Explain Crips gang identifiers, history and belief system
- Identify symbols used by the Black Gangster Disciples gang and the Crips gang by examining a Black Gangster Disciples document confiscated in Virginia and a Crips document confiscated in Florida
- Identify Black Gangster Disciple and Crips gang symbols and understand some of their history and belief system
- Identify symbol patterns, similar symbols and belief system identifiers, and
- Decipher a coded document from these groups