You are responsible for selecting and using Fall Protection Equipment (FPE) when it is required for your duties. Part 9 of the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Code outline regulatory requirements that will help you make informed decisions regarding FPE. This course will introduce you to FPE requirements and usage and, help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including, the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand when you need to use FPE
- Describe the elements of a fall protection plan
- Describe different types of FPE
- Describe what is involved in a fall hazard assessment
- Explain the regulations surrounding fall hazards
- List the items that are usually included in a fall protection plan
- Describe the purpose and advantages of surface protection
- Describe how fixed barriers prevent falls
- Explain what a travel restraint system is
- List several types of fall arrest systems