Electricity is so widely used that it is easy to forget how dangerous it can be. Inadequate safety precautions while dealing with electricity may lead to a fatal electrical shock. Therefore, it is very important that all workers and employers understand electrical hazards and how to deal with them.
This is a two hour course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what electricity is and how it works,
- List some electrical hazards,
- Understand where to find provincial safety legislation and rules for working around electrical equipment,
- Describe the effects of electrical hazards on the human body,
- Define some basic rules for using electrical equipment, and
- Describe ways to protect against electrical hazards.