The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) has aligned with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) to reflect elements of an United Nations initiative. The updated WHMIS program is Canadian legislation that ensures all workers are informed about the chemicals and other hazardous materials they use, or may be exposed to. This is a two hour online course. Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Determine your responsibilities and the responsibilities of your Employer and your Suppliers,
- Protect yourself from Hazardous Materials by being able to identify and interpret Supplier Labels,
- Distinguish between the need for and use of Supplier and Workplace Labels,
- Describe the purpose of Safety Data Sheets and be able to use them accordingly, and
- Identify the appropriate PPE by reading a Label or SDS.