Being able to respond to an emergency is an important aspect to mitigating its effects. This course describes emergency actions and procedures that will be implemented in the case of an emergency. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a three-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of an emergency response plan (ERP) within an Operational Risk Management System
- Define “emergency” and list the types of occurrences the ERP responds to
- Describe the purpose of an ERP
- List the key elements of and ERP
- List and describe the four levels of emergency, Identify roles described in an ERP
- List duties for the roles described in an ERP, Define an Emergency Planning Zone
- List some types of security breaches and what to do in the event one occurs
- Explain how you should handle media communications
- Describe the post-emergency procedures