Harassment is behaviour which intimidates, offends, degrades or humiliates a particular person or group. Deliberate intent to harm isn’t necessary, it’s the harm that counts. Harassment and violence can happen in any workplace and may range from disrespectful comments; to inappropriate language or jokes; to outright bullying and physical aggression.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe workplace harassment, sexual harassment and violence,
- List the effects of workplace harassment on employees AND on the company,
- Locate your local legislation related to harassment and violence in the workplace,
- List the general rights and responsibilities of employers and employees in regards to workplace harassment and violence,
- Recognize some of the warning signs that may preclude inappropriate behaviour,
- Identify the workplace factors that may put you at greater risk of harassment or violence,
- Describe the SAHARA technology,
- List some risk factors and preventative measures if you are working alone,
- Report an incident of workplace harassment or violence, and
- Identify additional courses related to workplace behaviour.
This is a one-hour online course.