Workplace Inspections are an important step toward ensuring a safe and productive work environment. All companies need to perform regular workplace inspections to ensure the safety of their workers and the public. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define the phrase “Workplace Inspection”
- List the key terms used in Workplace Inspections
- Identify the two main types of Workplace Inspections
- Describe what to look for when performing a Workplace Inspection
- Describe the Workplace Inspection process
- Identify legislation designed to ensure the safety of workers in the workplace
- Define how frequent a formal inspection needs to take place
- Describe the purpose of doing a workplace inspection
- List unsafe acts and conditions
- List the classification for hazards
- Describe how corporate culture shapes worker safety standards
- Identify ways to evolve workplace inspections to increase safety awareness