In the Accident/Incident Investigations for BC course, you will be presented with information regarding the who, what, when, and how of critical incident investigations. Incidents can be prevented if causes are identified and the appropriate corrective actions are taken. Topics include investigation procedures, data collection strategies, and reporting.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Provide accurate and detailed information on incidents for analysis and reference
- Compile statistical data on the cost of incidents
- Identify the direct and indirect causes of incidents
- Create and maintain an incident database to assist in hazard identification and risk assessment
- List the steps involved in an investigation
- Ask effective questions to discover an incident’s direct and indirect causes
- List examples of physical evidence
- Describe how to handle eyewitness accounts and eyewitness interviews
- Describe how the data should be analyzed after it is collected
- List and describe the 3 stages of control
- Describe the reporting procedure and notification requirements