The risk of fire is one of the greatest threats to health, safety, property, and the delivery of services. Fire prevention and protection programs promote an approach to fire safety and prevention that includes responsibilities for all employees regarding the reduction of fire hazards at their workplace. This course has been designed to help you meet regulatory and government requirements.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the place of fire safety procedures within an operational risk management program
- Understand the legislative guidelines related to fire prevention and protection
- Describe the responsibilities of workers, supervisors, and managers related to fire prevention and protection
- Identify the causes and stages of a fire
- Classify fires and proper fire extinguisher use
- List the basic elements of fire detection
- Describe proper safety techniques for dealing with a fire
- Identify the process for fire emergency response planning
- Describe the fire safety tree used as a guide to create a fire emergency plan
- Describe how to safely evacuate a burning building