Benzene occurs naturally and can be manufactured. Natural sources of benzene include volcanoes and forest fires. Benzene is also a natural part of crude oil, gasoline, and cigarette smoke. Benzene awareness is important because benzene can cause cancer and, in high levels of exposure, death. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- List several properties and probable locations of Benzene
- Identify the health hazards of Benzene
- Understand the benzene assessment and control strategies
- Describe monitoring and PPE requirements
- Understand how to develop and implement a code of practice as it relates to Benzene
- Describe how benzene is used
- List the routes of entry
- List the health hazards of benzene
- List some assessment strategies for benzene
- List some control strategies for benzene
- Describe how benzene can be monitored
- Explain how a Code of Practice can help keep workers safe