Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) is encountered in many processes in various industries. It is crucial that you are able to protect yourself against this deadly gas. This course has been designed to help you meet regulatory and government requirements regarding H2S.
This course is ideal for learners that need to recertify and have already taken H2S Alive and who do not need the hands-on component to complete their work.
This is a two hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the properties, common locations, and health concerns of H2S
- List the steps involved in inspecting and using breathing apparatuses
- Describe the inspection process and use of H2S detection devices
- Describe H2S rescue techniques (including CPR)
- Describe the health effects of H2S exposure
- List worker responsibilities with respect to the use and care of respirators
- Define the elements in a Code of Practice
- List the steps in a pre-use inspection of SCBA and SABA
- List the steps required for the proper use of breathing apparatus
- Describe and list the advantages of electronic monitors
- List the steps of the Initial Response Strategy
- Describe four rescue techniques