Identifying and dealing with hazards should be the first step in a health and safety program. Although law requires it, the primary purpose is to prevent workplace illnesses and injury to workers. Every employee needs to work with their employers to complete hazard assessments. This course has been designed to help you meet regulatory and government requirements.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe, in general terms, the purpose and process for completing a hazard assessment
- Define employee responsibilities for hazard assessment
- Describe the legislative requirements for completing hazard assessments
- Identify major types of workplace hazards
- Describe the various hazard levels
- Identify when a hazard assessment should be completed
- Identify the types of controls available
- Describe the techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls
- Identify the main types of workplace hazards
- Describe the purpose of a site hazard assessment
- Identify the purpose of a Job Safety Analysis