Hydrogen Sulphide (H2S) and other toxic substances are encountered in many processes in various industries. Hazard evaluation and controls pertaining to H2S, ammonia, benzene, chlorine and other toxic substances are presented in this course. This course has been designed to help you meet regulatory and government requirements.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the properties, common locations, and health concerns of H2S
- Describe the properties and common locations of ammonia, asbestos, benzene, carbon monoxide, chlorine, and NORM
- Describe the hazard evaluation process for H2S and other toxic substances
- Describe the purpose and limitations of detector tubes
- List and apply the steps of the Initial Response Strategy
- Describe rescue techniques (including CPR)
- Describe hazard controls applicable to H2S and other toxic substances
- Describe four rescue techniques
- List the steps to be taken to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Define the elements in a Code of Practice