Noise exposure is a very common hazard at most workplaces. In spite of well-defined requirements to limit workers’ exposure to elevated noise levels, over-exposure to noise and the incidence of occupational noise-induced hearing loss continues to be a concern.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main principles of sound and sound transmission,
- Explain the health effects associated with excessive noise exposure,
- Identify noise hazards in the workplace,
- Discuss strategies for hearing loss prevention,
- Describe the methods of assessing noise hazards, and
- Explain noise control techniques and selection.