The overall health of a workplace includes both the physical and psychosocial well-being of its workers. By treating mental health and its psychological components equally with the physical environment, a workplace can support their workers’ overall well-being.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of psychological health and safety in the workplace,
- Describe what psychological health and safety is and what psychosocial factors are,
- List the 13 common psychosocial factors at work,
- Be able to identify psychosocial hazards in the workplace,
- Identify responsibilities of workers and employers in the workplace when it comes to psychological health and safety,
- List some potential controls for psychosocial hazards
- Identify the relevant OHS legislation applicable to workplace mental health,
- Source other courses related to workplace mental health, and
- List several sources of helpful information related to workplace mental health.
This is a one-hour online course.