The commitment to safe work practices is imperative to avoid spills that can affect the public and the environment. Worker safety standards must be ensured so all potential hazards are addressed and can be reduced or eliminated to both avoid spills and contain them if they occur. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Follow the reporting procedures that are required when there is a spill
- Initiate spill containment procedures
- Describe and apply the spill management regulations that are relevant to different situations
- Describe the regulatory reporting requirements for spill response and recovery
- List all safety concerns relating to a specific spill event
- Determine the level of risk posed by a spill
- Describe the rationale behind internal and external reporting requirements
- Recognize your responsibility to safe work practices
- List the commitments and objectives relating to spill management
- Describe spill prevention
- Explain the importance of timely responses in minimizing spill impacts