Identifying and dealing with hazards should be the first step in a health and safety program. Although law requires it, the primary purpose is to prevent workplace illnesses and injury to workers. Every employee needs to work with their employers to complete hazard assessments. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of hazard assessments for your operational risk management program
- Describe the purpose and process for completing a hazard assessment
- Describe the legislative requirements for completing hazard assessments
- Identify when a hazard assessment should be completed
- Identify the main types of workplace hazards
- Identify the types of controls available
- Describe the techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of the controls
- Describe what a risk assessment is
- Describe the purpose of a site hazard assessment
- Define the purpose and process for field level hazard assessments
- Identify the purpose of a Job Safety Analysis