In many different industries there are jobs that have a risk of heat illness, which includes heat rash and more serious illness, such as heat stroke, that can result in death. This course includes information on types of heat illness, symptoms, treatment, and controls and strategies for managing heat stress. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define heat stress
- Identify mechanisms for heat transfer
- List different types of heat illness
- List the symptoms of, and treatment for, different types of heat illness
- List controls for heat illness
- Describe recommendations for employers
- Describe recommendations for workers
- Describe methods of heat measurement