Hydrates pose a major threat to worker safety due to the extreme amounts of force and pressure that they cause to form inside equipment. Companies must take the necessary precautions and steps to handle, remove, and prevent hydrates. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Define “hydrate” and describe the hydrate “triangle”
- Identify the hazards associated with hydrate formation
- Describe hydrate prevention methods
- Identify the warning signs used to detect hydrates
- Describe the safe techniques used to handle hydrates without moving them
- Describe the safe techniques used to remove a hydrate plug which has completely blocked a line
- Explain the procedure for returning a line to service hydrates have been removed
- Describe how to develop a contingency plan for the protection of workers if a pipe ruptures