Industrial Hygiene is the discipline of anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling health hazards in the working environment. The objective is to protect worker health and well-being, and to safeguard the community at large. Proper implementation of the industrial hygiene program protects personnel from chemical, physical, and biological hazards.
This is a two-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe industrial hygiene practices
- Describe the regulatory framework pertaining to industrial hygiene
- Describe the effects of the most common biological, chemical, physical hazards
- List ways to evaluate the most common biological, chemical, physical hazards
- Identify ways of controlling and preventing the most common biological, chemical, and physical hazards