Mold continues to be an issue for property owners and managers. Media attention has increased awareness and heightens concerns of tenants and the general public. Property management professionals and the maintenance groups who work hard to support them need to understand the issue of mold, what it is, how to prevent mold growth, and how to respond to a mold complaint. This course has been designed to help you meet all regulatory and government requirements including the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Code.
This is a one-hour online course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe what mold is and what problems it creates
- Prevent mold from occurring in your workplace or community
- Respond to individuals with mold-related concerns
- Identify the legal liabilities from indoor mold
- Identify the most common mold-related health issues
- Identify common misconceptions
- Identify steps that can be taken to prevent mold
- Identify common sources of moisture
- Identify signs of mold
- Identify appropriate safety steps for clean up
- Summarize the clean up procedure
- Describe who cleans up different mold occurrences