Mental health affects everything in a person’s life, including relationships, success in school, and even physical health. Anxiety, stress and change are a normal part of life that everyone faces, but how individuals deal with them can have a big impact on mental health.
Developed by Safety in Schools and Service Hospitality.
This one-hour course is designed to help students/young people develop mental health coping skills.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand and define mental health, mental illness, and anxiety;
- Describe some of the common causes and symptoms of anxiety;
- Analyze and establish effective strategies for dealing with stress, anxiety and change, and for helping others manage stress, anxiety and change;
- Understand the benefits of helping themselves and others manage stress, anxiety and change; and,
- Understand when and how to seek support for their mental health